Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The word every woman hates to hear…

WORKING OUT!

If you love working out, then I am sure this post will be old news to you.

Truth is…I have a love/hate relationship with working out. I have always been one to workout, be healthy, and strive to be “in shape”. Now dont get me wrong, I might always strive to be healthy and “in shape” but God didnt bless me with the “skinny” genes! I have to work hard to maintain my shape and size and so this is why I have a love/hate relationship with working out.

Then I had a baby…oh how your body changes after pregnancy. As well, God didnt bless me with the “bounce back to the normal body and never looked like you had a baby in two months genes”. So I have had to work hard to loose the last 15 lbs that I probably shouldnt have gained to begin with the hard way, working out and dieting! Ouch!

The gym didnt work for me and my family due to time and a traveling husband. The only time I had to head to the gym was after work and then I would be getting home after 5pm and my sweet little one heads to bed at 7pm. Plus, I am not a fan of the gym nursery. So what’s a mama to do?

Order workout videos!

LOVE this workout video set!!!

It comes with 10 minutes of cardio, yoga, upper body, total body, and abs. Believe me, this will kick your butt! Obviously to get best results is to do three 10 minutes videos but if you dont have time, just do one or two! During the school year, I wake up at 5:30am (yes its the only time) and complete this work out in just 30 minutes and then off to shower and get ready for the day. It might suck waking up early but I feel so much better when I am done. Plus I dont have think about working out all day long.

Other videos I have and enjoy every once in a while.

These are great to rotate and even though you might think they are silly, it really is a great workout!

Gotta love some Billy Blanks. We use to do this workout in our dorm room in college!

A while back our dvd player broke so I used Comcast On Demand. There were some good workout videos on there!

Last but not least, I LOVE using our jogger stroller and taking Payton for a walk in our neighborhood and parks. This mama is NOT a runner. Pushing the stroller in a hilly neighborhood is enough for me.

Hilly Neighborhood + 20 lb stroller + 22 lb toddler =

Great cardio workout.

What is your workout routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment